Baby #3 is coming our way this fall. We are so excited. Well, excited? I am. I think Mac is still trying to wrap his brain around the idea. We were not planning this. At least, not yet. We wanted to wait until Mac was in a more permanent job and then start trying. Surprise! Nope, the Lord had a better plan. I know that things will work out. Mac has an interview this Wednesday with a counter intelligence group in Maryland. We both feel very positive about it. We'll see. The one worry I have is will this baby have spina bifida? I have been taking my folic acid supplements religiously for the last 5 months and prenatals for 2 months. Of course, the worry won't go away until the ultrasound confirms it at 20 weeks. We are just praying for the best and a beautiful healthy baby (girl). Actually, Gavin has been praying for a baby sister for the last year. EVERY prayer has been "help me to get a baby sister!" Lately, we have been trying to teach Gavin to not only ask Heavenly Father for things... we also need to thank him. One day, I said, "Today we are just going to thank Heavenly Father for our blessings and not ask him for anything." Gavin looked at me and then looked sad. I said "Gavin, what's wrong?" He said, "I have to ask him for a baby sister because if I don't, He'll forget!" (How precious is that!!!) So, we explained how prayers are answered, sometimes not in the way we want them to be answered but He always answers our prayers.
Since we have told him about the baby, he has been asking Heavenly Father to keep his baby sister safe! It is the cutest thing. Maybe he knows something we don't!
5 comments:
This is so awesome. And hey, you never know - maybe Gavin DOES know something you don't. ;) It's funny, because the other day, I was thinking "Gosh, I hope so much it's a girl", and then I thought, "why would I think that?!" because I remembered a conversation we had in my yard a few years back where you said that you didn't know if you ever really wanted a girl - too much drama. ;) I'm glad that you've come around to thinking that it might not be half bad! :) Seriously, though, although that would be great - for now I will just concentrate my prayers that this baby will be healthy. ;)
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys. I hope you are feeling better this time around. Yay for babies!
That is super news! Congratulations!!!!
Very good news! Here's hoping for a healthy, happy baby for the Tolboes!
Congrats! That is so cute about Gavin! What a sweet little boy!
Post a Comment