Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gavin turned 6!

Gavin turned 6 last week. I can't believe I have a 6 year old. First grade is just right around the corner. Gavin was lucky this year. His grandma and Aunt Karen came to visit a few weeks before his birthday. Since they wouldn't be here for his official birthday, we decided to have an "un-birthday".

Gavin wanted a spider man cake but since I was planning on making him a "real" spider man birthday cake for his "real" birthday, we made him just a spider cake. He was ok with that.



This is his spider man cake. (Sorry about the side view.)


I told Gavin to pose in front of his cake. He told me he wanted to form his hands like spider man does when he is shooting a web. That is what he is doing in this picture.


Since Gavin's birthday is in August, and we happen to have a pass to the community pool, Gavin wanted a pool party with 6 of his friends. They had pizza and cake and ice cream. They were able to swim for about 2 hours. They had a blast.


Then we came home and he opened presents from mom and dad. He was so surprised to see a boom box inside the bag. He loves to listen to audio books and he was using Mac's old portable CD player (which needed batteries and was practically falling apart)so we decided to get him his very own. He spent all day playing with toys!



Here is my 6 year old boy. We love him so much. He brings so much joy to our family. Happy Birthay, Gav. We love you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!! The cakes turned out GREAT!! Good Job! Birthday's are so fun when your little thanks to Mom's!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Karen said...

Linna,

The cake turned out awesome! Good job!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Both the cakes turned out so cute!! I haven't attempted a character cake yet - they seriously intimidate me...

Anonymous said...

I love and miss you guys. Cute pictures - thanks for posting them. What a great birthday he had! Love ya, mom