Sunday, September 12, 2010

update

It has been a month since I have blogged. With school starting and Joshua's surgeries, it has been a little crazy here. Let me fill you in on what has been happenin'.



It was the season for peaches in July, so we decided to go to a farm where they grow their own peaches, as well as tomatoes, green peppers, and berries. We ended up picking 3 pecks of peaches.



Then I turned them into Jam. YUMMY!


Corn has also been in season. This corn was not hand picked (although I wish we could grow corn in our backyard). The boys absolutely LOVE corn. This is the first year that Josh can eat it from the cob. He takes a while to eat it but he loves it.




Joshua had surgery #7 on Sept. 1 2010. He had a hernia. He had one on the other side of his body last year and they checked the other side to make sure there were no hernias and they didn't find any. Well, it snuck in a year later and it had to be done. We wanted to get this done before school started.









Here are some precious pictures of Joshua that I found. He is so sweet!









Joshua started his second year of preschool. Same teachers and same school. He fit right back in. He is the oldest one in his class this year. He takes a bus every morning and takes the bus coming home. He absolutely loves it!




Gavin has been having a good time. He doesn't know how to ride a two wheeler yet. Personally I think he is so scared of falling. He asked McKay to take him out and help him ride a two wheeler but after falling a few times, he was done. We bent his training wheels up so that he has to somewhat balance and that has been helping.


Gavin started 1st grade. His teacher is Mrs. Ackermann. He really likes her. He loves school and can't wait to go every day.


Gavin LOVES to read. He is doing very well on his own. He knows how to read a lot of Dr. Seuss books (those are his favorites). I found him in this position after school the other day. I was listening to him read and I was so impressed with how well he was doing.

4 comments:

Udezervit said...

Your kids are so cute. You are blessed. And you make a mean spiderman cake.

Gavin and Korbin seem to have alot in common. Bikes must be scary. Korbin perfers his wiggle car to his 2 wheeler unless it has the training wheels. Korbin was the top reader in his class last year.

Terry Family said...

Thanks for catching us up with what's been happening with your sweet family! I loved all of the pics. Josh looks so big and grown up as he's waiting for preschool. I can't believe he had to have another hernia operation! At least you were able to do it before school started. How has his recovery been?

I'm glad that Gavin is enjoying 1st grade so much. Even though he's a little scared to ride a two-wheeler, it looks like he'll be riding in no time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures sweetie! Josh looks so much like Gavin eating that corn - I can't believe it!
Love, Mom

Robyn DeGaetano said...

As always, I just love your kids! Josh looks soooo adorable in his hospital gown - I don't know if that's weird for me to say, but he does. And that pic of him sleeping? Oh my gosh he seriously looks like a beautiful little angel. What a sweet boy.
And Gavin - don't you just love listening to them read? I love hearing Maria read all the time, and the best is when she is reading to Josephine like a little mama. Love it. Our babies are growing up - don't you love it!!