Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pictures from Josh's surgery

Now that my mom and sister have left (Sniff, Sniff), I can post the pictures from Josh's surgery. He is doing A LOT better. We still have to wash his back every night but other than his weakness, he is doing fairly well.

Day of Surgery. We had to be there at 10 am to prep for the 1:00 surgery. Of course surgeries are never on time, so we sat in the waiting room for a couple of hours. Josh did pretty well. Elmo kept him company!


Josh in his cute little pajamas and socks. Poor guy has no clue what is going to happen!


Here is Josh right after surgery. He had to stay flat on his back for 2 days. NO FUN! The nurses gave him a stuffed bear, an orange popsicle and a purple popsicle, and a book... all for being so good!


Day after surgery. He was still on Morphine but feeling pretty good.


Two days after surgery. Doesn't he look great! He is off Morphine... nurses gave him Tylenol with Codeine. We started raising his bed a few degrees every hour.


This is such a sad picture. The nurses wanted him up and standing on day 2 after surgery. He was sore and weak but he did a great job. He kept saying, "I'm all done... I can't do it!"


After that, he was rewarded with chocolate milk!


Day three after surgery. Some friends brought him an Elmo balloon. That made him smile!


Welcome Home Joshua. Josh sat on the couch and watched TV for a couple days after surgery. He is such a strong kid. Two days after being home, he started crawling on the floor and even tried standing up holding on to the couch. He realized that was a little too hard for him, but at least he tried. What a trooper.


The surgery was a success. His knees no longer buckle. He will be weak to walk for a couple weeks but will be back to normal by the time school starts.

8 comments:

Verity said...

Way to go, Josh! We're glad he's feeling better!

Ashley said...

yay! I'm so glad he is doing well! I miss you guys!

thatmormonlady said...

Your whole family is an inspiration to me. You rock.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that everything went well! What a strong little boy! I always knew he was special!! Love to you all and kisses to Joshy!

Terry Family said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went so well, and that little Joshua is such a good sport. I'm so glad that he's healing well. I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you also. I hope that things continue to heal and Josh regains his strength little by litte.

Ericka said...

What a sweet sweet boy. I almost cried reading your post, I can tell, just by looking at your pics what a sweet and special little Spirit he has.

Rachel said...

Brave boy! Wonderful pictures. I'm glad he's doing so well!

Taunya said...

He is such a sweet and incredibly brave boy. I hope he recovers quickly.