Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Getaway!

For my birthday and mothers day, my husband sent me to California. YES, you read right. I got on a plane (no kids), met my sisters and brother in law in california, (no kids) and had the most relaxing time (did I mention, no kids?). We spent 4 nights and 5 days in Newport beach. We rode bikes from Newport beach to Huntington beach, we watched a weird dude hammer a nail into his head... talk about a waste of our precious beach time... swam in the heated pool at the hotel, and well, laid on the beach! Talk about relaxing, and it sure was. All the while, McKay was home being the mom and the dad. Might I add, he did an excellent job. I called him every night. He fed the boys, cleaned up after them, got them off to school, did homework... he is a great dad! After only three days of being gone, I really missed all of my boys. Gavin wanted to Skype with me so we got on the computer, the day before I arrived home, and talked. It was fun to see them on the opposite side of the screen.

I also had the chance to spend the weekend with my parents and McKay's parents in Utah. It was fun to see them. It had been a while. McKay's brother has 2 little boys. I found myself mothering them while I was visiting. I guess you can never really get away from what you were meant to be.

I was also able to spend a few short hours with a really good friend of mine while in Utah. We picked up where we left off, talking, laughing, and having fun. Her kids had sure grown up and it was fun to reminisce about old times. Her oldest boy and Gavin became the best of friends while in Syracuse. It was so hard to say good bye... again! Good thing they are moving back east again. Hopefully we can see them more often.

Enjoy the photos:

From left to right: My youngest sister, Melissa; her husband, Chris; his brother Patrick; my sister, Katie; me

Newport Beach.... Isn't it gorgeous!

Me on the beach!

A starfish the boys found on the rocks. I told them I wanted to take some seashells home to my boys, so they started looking for some and happened upon this starfish... neat, huh?

Me and my sistas

They buried me in the sand.

Hello, again!

We rented bikes for $5/hour at a little joint by the hotel. It was so fun. We spend about 2 hours out riding. I have never had so much fun on a bike.

Me.... just relaxing. Don't I look comfy?

Our drive home. I miss the mountains so much. I didn't get sick of looking at this view the whole way home!

3 comments:

Terry Family said...

I am sooo jealous! California AND no kids? WOW! Neil and I just took the kids to San Diego in March -- it totally brought back good times and great memories from when we were young. Those were the days, right?

Robyn DeGaetano said...

That looks like so so so much fun!! I wish I could have a trip like this, but only if my favorite friends were there - hint, hint. ;) Anyhow, so glad you got to do this - you will remember it for years to come, seriously. I miss you!!

Taunya said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great time.