Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, love of my life!

I have the sweetest husband in the world! Not only did he let me go to California and Utah for a week, but he let me get back on Eastern coast time by letting me sleep in! I will keep him around!

McKay just turned 33! What an old man! For his birthday, I decided I would surprise him by making him a scrapbook of his mission. It turned out really good. I bought a nice leather scrapbook to keep it nice and created a book for him that he will cherish for years to come. I also bought him some new shorts and nice comfy sweats in California.

Here are 33 reasons I love McKay Ronald Tolboe:

1. Great husband.
2. He is the most selfless person I know. He is constantly helping other people.
3. He makes sure our needs are met before his own.
4. He is never, ever grumpy!
5. He has this constant positive attitude.
6. I am so proud of him for the way he keeps going, even when things get tough.
7. I am so proud of him for making Christ the center of his life.
8. The way he has lived his life as an example to our boys.
9. He is an Eagle scout... that has helped us on our camping trips.
10. He is a returned missionary... and so am I. We can even talk to each other in a different language and still understand each other!
11. He went to college... not once, but twice, to better himself.
12. He is a great provider.
13. Loves his parents and brothers and sisters.
14. When I get upset, he is the ONLY one who can calm me down.
15. He is so patient.
16. He is very supportive.
17. He makes me laugh... a lot!
18. He is so fun to be around. I am giddy when I know I can spend the whole weekend with him!
19. He is an honorable priesthood holder.
20. He is a great dad!
21. He makes me happy.
22. He is a good singer.
23. He is a hard worker
24. Never complains!
25. Helps out around the house...
26. He is a tease.. in a good way!
27. He knows a lot about the scriptures.
28. He loves to read.
29. Gavin says: "The best thing about my dad is that he snuggles with me!"
30. Joshua says: "The best thing about my dad is when he picks me and gives me kisses."
31. He still takes me out on dates.. almost every weekend.
32. As he gets older, he grows more and more attractive to me.
33. I don't know what I would do without him. He makes me a better person every day!

Happy Birthday, sweetheart! We love you.

1 comment:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I didn't know that Lou and McKay were the same age!

Anyhow, I can totally testify to #4 & #5 - and add that those are invaluable traits in a husband. #14 is so cute :) #17 - I love his sense of humor. #31 - impressive!! And that will keep your marriage strong! #32 - also a good thing :)

You guys are an awesome couple - your only flaw is that you don't live in Syracuse :)