Monday, November 3, 2014

2014 overview continued....

In March, Joshua had leg surgery. Now, I thought for sure we were in the clear when Dr's kept telling us that his legs were doing great. I thought no surgeries. I should learn by now not to get comfortable with Josh because when I do something big always happens. The orthopedist did a tibial de-rotation. They is where they cut the tendon on the inside of his left foot and wrapped it around his bone and attached it to his pinky toe. Crazy how far the medical world has come! Of course, Spina Bifida Elmo had to have his cast put on. This Elmo has been with Josh for a while now. Elmo has had every surgery Josh has had. Josh was in a wheelchair for about 8 weeks.
Foot after cast came off!! Just imagine his toe pointing in more and you'll get the idea of how his foot was before surgery! Nice, right!
In April, we went to Syracuse NY! We lived in the wonderful area of Syracuse for 3 years while my husband attended law school. It was a great experience and we learned a lot about ourselves. Josh was born there and our testimonies grew and we had to learn to rely on each other as husband and wife instead of on our families. This is probably why we keep visiting the area... that and our wonderful friends. We stayed with Debbie and Thom Riddel and of course we had to go to Dinosaur BBQ. If you have never been to Dinosaur BBQ, you have to go... or buy their BBQ sauce at Wegman's or Giant. It is delicious. It is the only BBQ sauce I buy. You can do anything with it. I usually grab pork or chicken and throw it in the crockpot with a bottle of Dino BBQ slathering sauce and cook it for 8 hours on low. It is so yummy. But this place is the best and we had to visit the restaurant.
Syracuse has an awesome mall that has since been renovated. It was known by us as "the Carousel Mall" because.... wait for it... the big carousel at the mall! The boys loved riding it when we lived there and they still loved it while visiting. It was on the list of to-do's when coming to Syracuse. We love visiting friends there and finding ourselves going back every year. I remember we went back there when my son Gavin was turning 8. We are making it a tradition in our family to take the kids to Palmyra to see the Hill Cumorah pageant, the temple, and the church history sites before they get baptized. It was a wonderful experience for Gavin and I hope that each of my boys feel the same way he did.

No comments: