The cherry blossom festival is a big event here in DC. It has been for years. The cool thing about these beautiful blossoms is that they are only in bloom for a couple of weeks. They start the end of March and go until the 11th of April and that is it. We went this last Thursday and they were breathtaking. I had never seen DC like this before. This was our first year going and I was in awe! There were still lots of people but it was great nonetheless. With our 80 degree weather, it was a great day.
4 comments:
Linda, this is what I miss most. My whole street growing up was lined with these trees. Beautiful.
Looks beautiful. I'm totally jealous of your 80 degree weather!
One of our favorite things to do in DC was bike around to see all the monuments when the cherry blossoms were in bloom. Bike trailer-- so worth it!
P.S. My word verification word is "lapotti."
We should have coordinated this event seeing as we went one day apart from each other. Rats!!
Post a Comment