Wednesday, December 16, 2009

KA-BOOM!

When I was still living at home, I remember we had our cousins over for some big event. We had a trampoline in the backyard and I remember my cousin (who is my age) and I went out to jump on it together. If you have ever jumped on a trampoline you understand when I say he was jumping to make me go higher. I was having so much fun. Trampolines are just fun anyway. So, I was going a little too high, lost my balance and hit my bum on the padding covering the springs and landed on my tailbone... on the grass. It hurt like crazy. I could barely breath when I hit the ground. Now I know how it feels to be hit in the stomach! After this incident, my tailbone as never been the same. When I went to church, I would go with my mom to RS because they had the soft chairs. Pathetic, I know.. but you'll never know the pain unless you experience it yourself.

The reason I tell you this is because the same thing happened last night, only it wasn't on a trampoline. It was on our stairs. Have you ever found something that needs to go upstairs and you think to yourself, "I will just leave it on the stairs until I go up to put it away"? That is my thinking every day. Well, I forgot about it. Joshua has a form of bronchitis so he needs Albuterol treatments. He woke up at 4:30 not being about to breathe. Poor guy! Anyway, I grabbed him and went downstairs... in the dark. I slipped on this thing on the stairs and... wait for it.... KA-BOOM. I landed on my tailbone... again! This time I had a baby in my arms. I had my right hand free to catch myself so I guess it wasn't as bad, but on my left side, I landed right on my tailbone. Good thing it didn't hurt Joshua at all. I am not in a lot of pain but I know there will be a huge bruise back there... YIKES!

2 comments:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Ugh, I HATE when I do stuff like that. So frustating when you could have avoided the whole thing - just one little choice...

thatmormonlady said...

I only fall down stairs when I pregnant. :) I've fallen every time! And I broke my tailbone, too, when I was rollerskating down the hill as a kid. It's true. It is never the same. I can't sit through a movie at the theatre. So glad you saved the baby. Funny where our priorities lie after we have kids. Our whole focus is on saving our kids.