I am so glad he got glasses because for the longest time, he didn't want to learn to read with me. He would get so mad when I brought out his reading books. He would read one page and then be done. He hated it. Since he got the glasses, his reading has improved a lot. He is wanting to read more of his books and he can actually finish a book in less than 5 minutes. He is doing great on his reading and I owe it all to the glasses!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Glasses?
At Gavin's 5 year appointment with the pediatrician, the nurse wanted Gavin to cover one eye at a time and tell her what she was pointing at. Gavin would take off the eye patch, put the patch back on and then tell her what it said. After we told him he had to keep the eye patch on, he would squint his way through the test. The doctor was concerned so she suggested we see an optomotrist. We did. Luckily he has a mild prescription but he does have an astigmatism. He is also near sided which is odd because McKay and I are both far sided. The doctor said that kids can grow out of that. In the mean time, he will need glasses. So Gavin got to pick out his own glasses. I gave him a bunch of choices (of course, he got to choose from the kind that are bendable). He picked blue. I tried to get him to choose grey or black but he was sticking with blue. He chose good because I think he looks so adorable with them on.
I am so glad he got glasses because for the longest time, he didn't want to learn to read with me. He would get so mad when I brought out his reading books. He would read one page and then be done. He hated it. Since he got the glasses, his reading has improved a lot. He is wanting to read more of his books and he can actually finish a book in less than 5 minutes. He is doing great on his reading and I owe it all to the glasses!

I am so glad he got glasses because for the longest time, he didn't want to learn to read with me. He would get so mad when I brought out his reading books. He would read one page and then be done. He hated it. Since he got the glasses, his reading has improved a lot. He is wanting to read more of his books and he can actually finish a book in less than 5 minutes. He is doing great on his reading and I owe it all to the glasses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
He's abosolutely adorable! I don't think I've ever seen a kid look so great in glasses.
Gavin definitely looks great with glasses. Now him and Nathan can be cool glasses cousins together. LUCKY! He may grow out of it because, like you said, kids eyes can change (I used to be very far-sided when I was very young and now I'm near-sided), but even if he doesn't he looks fabulous.
They ARE really cute glasses! You must be relieved to find out why he hated reading so much before - poor guy! It's funny how that never got picked up before - I'm glad that he is now seeing things more clearly and getting to enjoy books :)
He looks adorable. Tell him Grandma and Grandpa Feld loves his new glasses. Now he is just like grandpa! I'm so proud of him for his reading. That's awesome that he loves to read (coming from a teacher, of course!)
What a stud!
I love them! He looks great! What a great thing to live in a time where those things can be fixed! Tell him we can be four eyed buddies!! YEAH For GLASSES!!
I love kids in glasses! He looks great.
He looks so cute!!!! SO does he wear them all of the time or just when he reads? He is adorable! -Love, Missy
Post a Comment