Well, we did it! We actually got a dog. For those who don't know, I was bit by a dog 3 times in my life. Why get a dog then, you might ask? Well, it's simple. Gavin has been asking for a dog since Christmas. McKay's brother has 2 boxers. Gavin immediately fell in love with them. They are the sweetest, most gentle dogs I have ever been around. I was so comfortable around them. I didn't tense up when they came around. And every time we came through the door, there they were to greet us. We came home from Utah in January and started looking for a dog that would fit our family. We found that a boxer would do well. As time went on, I would go back and forth on the idea: "I do want a dog!" and "No, maybe not right now." I was still really scared about the bites. I guess you could call it PTSS: post traumatic stress syndrome. I had it! McKay was so good about not getting a dog until I was ready.. I mean, I knew eventually we would get one but was I ready now? Would I have to do all the work, plus take care of my 3 boys? I wasn't exactly sure if I was up for the challenge. So, for 6 months we talked on and off about it. We looked at information online, I got books at the library about raising boxers, and I even asked my sister-in-law about, hoping to ease my concern.
Well, 6 months and a lot of research later, we found Macy! She is a beautiful fawn colored boxer from Maryland. We got her at 10 weeks old. She has a very mild temperment and very well mannered, (except for the few times she has peed on the floor, but we are working on that). She absolutely loves Josh. They are best friends. Josh knows how to say her name and even gets on the floor with her and pats her. He even will lay his head on her back when she lays down. We are very pleased with our choice and think of her as one of the family. How is the training going you might ask? Better than expected!
SO EVERYONE..... MEET MACY!



5 comments:
You are a trooper!! Brandon keeps hinting that he would like a dog and I keep thinking the last thing I need is another toddler. Good for you! She is beautiful and it is so great that Josh loves her. It's obvious they are going to be great friends.
Oh, wow, she is way, way cute. Let me know how it goes. Hopefully we'll be able to get a dog...someday! :)
YAY!! You did it! You are living my dream life! A home, two adorable kids, and a dog!!! :) I'm excited for you! -Missy
Oh yey!!!!!!! She is absolutely ADORABLE!! Boxers rock! I wish Duke and Sadie could meet her! Maybe someday...
She's so cute! Having a puppy is tough for the first few months (for us it was the chewing), but it's all worth it! Lily is David's best friend.
Post a Comment