We are finally home from our Vacation. All in all, we had a great one. We won't be going out of town in a long time. It is so hard going on vacation with kids. They are fine while we are away, but when we get back, the kids are totally off their schedule. Josh hates his bed. The minute we lay him down, he cries and screams for about 1/2 hours... every night! These kids are still on California time, it seems. The only bonus is, they sleep -in in the mornings. It has been nice sleeping in until 9 am!!! Give them more time, right? They will get back on their schedules soon enough. Too top it all off, Josh has had diarrhea the whole time we have been back. I rest my case!
The other day, Mac was laying with the two boys on the couch. They were just laughing and tickling each other. Mac is such a good father. He comes home and plays with his boys. He asks them about their day and talks with them. Anyway, they were snuggling on the couch and Mac tells me that Josh has a big piece of dirt behind is ear. I thought 'That's weird... we didn't go anywhere today.' He says, "No wait! It's a tick!!!" I ran over to Josh and sure enough, there was a baby tick attached to Josh's skin behind his ear. It looked like it hadn't been inbedded too far because Mac carefully pulled it out with tweezer and it came out pretty easy. It did tug on Josh's skin. He didn't like that too much! I called the doctor the next day and she said to put neosporin on it and watch him for the next 3 weeks. He could get moody and just not act right. That is when I should take him in. I am not too worried, seeing that the tick wasn't in there long. I hadn't noticed it all day. He even had a doctors appointment for his 2 year physical and she looked at his ears. I wonder where it came from! I hope there aren't ticks in our house! I have cleaned my house and found nothing so hopefully we are safe!
5 comments:
Ugh, the tick thing has me totally freaked out!!! I have a cousin who got Lyme Disease from a tick bite, and it's for life! We have heard reports of more ticks in the area and it really scares me.
AAHHH! Reading this made my skin absolutely CRAWL! I still have goose bumps! I think I would have freaked out, but it sounds like you took it all in stride. You're such a good mom, even in the high-pressure situation with a baby tick. :)
By the way, I just went back through your latest posts and saw all of your California pictures. Talk about bringing me back to when WE used to go as cousins. I miss it! I LOVED the part when Gavin went pee and you said, "Don't judge, you know you've done it too." SO TRUE!! Hahaha!
Welcome to the east coast Linda...it probably won't be the last one you find ;)
Welcome to Virginia! Ticks are a huge downside to living in this amazing state. We have to check our dog for ticks at least weekly. As long as you are aware that it is a common problem here (especially during these nice warm months) just keep your eye out for them like you have been. Hope you all are well.
Post a Comment