Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break

Since I have been downloading my pictures onto our external hard drive, it has been harder to put pictures on the blog. The pictures don't actually show up when I am putting this all together. Plus, I am only allowed 5 pictures at a time. It is really annoying. If any of you know how to add more pictures on at a time, please let me know.

Anyway, these are pictures of Gavin's spring break. We are going from what happened this weekend to the first of the week. Don't ask me why I am doing it this way. It is chore as is so you will have to enjoy it as we go:

On Thursday, I decided to take the kids to the National Museum of Marine Corps. This is in Quantico. This statue is my favorite. This is Mt. Sirabachi on Iwo Jima. It was really interesting learning about how this flag got here. The person who took the picture of this was not intending on making this picture a legend. He said he just swung his camera around and took a picture. This a statue of this picture in front of the museum. (More pictures of this museum to come)


So, the easter bunny came to our house. We asked him to come on Saturday so that we could make Sunday a day for Jesus. Gavin woke up at 2 am to come into our room for a minute and he saw the footprints. In an excited voice (loudly) he said " Mom, the easter bunny came. His footprints are on the floor!" He just couldn't believe it.


Mac and I decided to have a date this weekend. We went to a restaurant called The Capital Grille. This restaurant is no ordinary restaurant. This place charges about $50 a plate. Thanks to Mac's boss' Christmas gift (gift card to this place) were were able to enjoy ourselves. This place was nice. We savored every bite and made every bite count! We even had dessert.



Our family pictures. I couldn't get us all in one together and we were going to be late for church, so we had a quick one done. Notice the boy ties... I made them myself!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I love the bow ties. :)

As far as adding more pictures, if you upload the five they allow--like wait til they show up in your post--then you can click the "upload pictures" button again and upload five more. Does that make sense?

I also liked to see the group shot with the Riddels. Fun!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I love the picture with you and the boys! I tried to get a picture with the girls in their dresses, but we were running exceedingly late for church, so we couldn't do one before. Then, after church, Josephine pulled her hairdo out on the way home, and took her dress off as soon as we got home, refusing to put it back on! I just sighed and decided it was a lost cause... :)

Verity said...

Great update, and the bo wties were CUTE! As far as uploading pictures, I've started using Picasa slideshows for the times when I've got way more I want to share than the "5 picture" Blogger limit. I can try to walk you through it if you need help. :)

Terry Family said...

SUCH cute bowties! I can't believe you made them -- good job! Your little boys are adorable.

Taunya said...

I love, love the pictures. Linda, you look so beautiful. I am very impressed with the bow ties. The boys look great!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures. Those boys are just so darling. I am glad that you had a great Easter!