You are looking at McKay's favorite dish. Flank steak with couscous... I actually found whole wheat couscous. I have switched everything in my house to whole wheat. WOW... what a difference.
If you know McKay, he loves to camp. Now that the boys are getting bigger, we wanted to take more trips camping. He has been talking about getting a dutch oven to take with us. He got one for his birthday from me. He was surprised.
Happy Birthday Big 32! I made a Rhubarb cake, which he wanted. I make it a tradition for the boys to pick what they want to have for dinner and cake for their birthday. He got everything he wanted.
Josh and Gavin had a fun time decorating for McKay's party. Gavin more so than Josh. I think Gavin was more into than McKay was. I guess as you get older, birthday's don't seem so important. WELL, I don't agree with that. I try to make the birthday boy/girl feel important. McKay got the works: streamers, balloons, a hand made Happy Birthday sign, his favorite dinner and dessert, and other things!!! What a great day for him.
McKay, we love you. Happy 32, sweetheart.
3 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday McKay dear, Happy days will come to you all year, If I had a wish that it would be a happy, happy birthday to you from me.-The pic of you in the boy scout shirt just brings primary songs out (sorry) Linda- dinner looked delicious. YUM
We do the same thing at our house (a tradition that carried over from the Riddel home) - the birthday girl or boy get to pick dinner and dessert. And I agree - Birthday should continue to be special, no matter how old you are!!
Happy Birthday, McKay! That's so great that you made his birthday so special, Linda -- you're such a good wife. That dinner sure looked good. So fun!
Post a Comment