...he passed! McKay Tolboe passed the New York bar. The craziest thing about all of this is that the results were supposed to be posted at 9 am this morning. So being the impatient person that I am, I got on the website at around 8:30 and waited. After taking Gavin to school and during Josh's physical therapy, I periodically looked on the computer. It still said "results coming soon". So I waited. McKay called me during this time and I expected him to say, "I passed", but it was... "The website crashed." Augh. He told me to get on and see if I could find out anything. I told him I had was out and couldn't get to a computer. I did my things with the boys and after getting home I called Mac. He told me he passed. We had a moment of yelling and screaming for joy, all the while Gavin is crying because I scared him from screaming so loud. It was a frustrating but joyous day, to say the least.
I can remember moving to Syracuse and thinking to myself, "this is going to be the longest three years of my life." Mac's third year came around and I never thought that the bar would come as fast as it did. The bar was unbearable for our family. We never saw Mac because he was studying so much but when you hear the words... "I passed"... those days were worth it because he tried his hardest and he succeeded.
I hope one day my sons can look to their dad as a role model of perseverance and patience and faith because that is what it took to get through Law school. Mac had a trying experience while in law school that of Josh being born with his problems and having to juggle being there for us and trying to study. I will always remember his dedication to the gospel during this hard time. He never let this stress him out and he was the rock that I leaned on during this time.
Mac, we love you. We are proud of you. Thanks for being a great father and husband and son.
8 comments:
Congratulations! to you all!!!
WOW!
Big news! Congratulations!!
AWESOME!!! So happy for you guys!!
We are so proud of you! All 4 of you! Our prayers are answered and now real life begins, continues, and goes on.
Love, Mom and Dad Feld
Congrats!! I was going to call you today to see if you got the results. Hope you're Family Day went well. I have your lunch box. Love ya!
Ta da! You are officially awesome.
Congrats Mac! - and more so to Linda, he couldn't have done it without you, you know.
Hooray! That is great news!
Post a Comment