Sunday, October 12, 2008
October... and still warm!
WOW! I never thought that we would live somewhere where we could still wear short sleeve shirts in the fall ... and not be cold! It has been in the upper 70's for the high and the lower 60's for the low lately. I will never miss the snow, and here is why: As many of you know, I served a mission in Russia. The snow would come up to our calves and on top of that we would have to tract every day in the snow. By the end of the day, my toes were numb. I know, I probably wasn't wearing the best shoes but the point is, it was cold. I lived through two winters in Russia... TWO! Also, when we lived in New York, I would have to dig out the snow from under my tires, just to get out of my driveway... I was pregnant! The following pictures tell you what I won't be missing. But I will let you in on a little secret... I will miss Gavin playing in the snow, I will miss Josh putting a fist of snow into his mouth, I will miss building a snowman with Gavin, I will miss putting Gavin's snow pants on and watching his little tiny body walk in the snow in so many clothes... So to Baileys and our families, when we go to Utah for the sake of my children, we have to play in the snow a couple of times.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to say, as much as I enjoy warm weather, I would not trade places with you for anything (no offense, it's just a matter of taste, and I know a LOT of people who would!)- I LOVE the change in seasons. I think having the snow and cold is kind of romantic in the wintertime, and what is Christmas without snow? Then again, think of who much you'll save on washerfluid and snow tires!!
hey! it does snow here--just wait until December. you did such a great job on friday! Love ya!
Post a Comment