There never is a feeling that you love one child over another but you can have special moments with them. Lately, Gavin has become more vocal and we have been able to have more communication. Bare with me while I share my love for his sweet child of mine. We recently went on a bike ride on Huntsman. Gavin and I talked about preschool and Josh and daddy and how much fun he has riding his bike. One thing that I love about Gavin is that he admires nature. When riding bikes, he has to get off his bike and sniff the flowers. Then he looks up at the sky and says, "It's a beautiful day." This kid does not miss anything. He is thankful for everyday and enjoys his surroundings. I have learned a lot from him lately. He really has a love for the Savior. He talks about him all the time. When I show him a picture of Jesus, he will look so solemn and say in a reverent voice, "That's Jesus." We can learn a lot from our children.
I recently hurt my back, pinched a nerve or something, and he was so concerned with what was happening to me. It all started while I was making my bed...making my bed...that's what did it...weak, I know! Anyway, I felt this strong painful sensation in my back and I bent my knees. I tried to stand up but couldn't so I fell to the floor on my knees. This happened at about 2:30 pm this last Tuesday. I called for Gavin, who was playing in his room at the time. He came in and I asked him to grab me the phone. I told him I was hurt and he immediately said, "OHHH, are you ok." I told him I needed him to get the phone so that I could call daddy. I talked to Mac and about this time I was able to stand up and lay on my back on the bed. Gavin stayed with me the whole time. He put pillows under my head and made sure I was confortable. There was even a time during our conversations when he said his back hurt. We were both on the bed, two "invalids", chatting about the day and reading about Diego and Baby Jaguar. Mac came home and I thanked Gavin for laying with me. He came up to me and rubbed my head and kissed me. What a sweet boy I have. I can't tell you how lucky I am to have him in my life. We almost lost him at birth and every time I look at him, I realize how special he is in my life.
3 comments:
What a sweet boy! I hope your back feels better SOON!
i will always think of gavin as one of the sweetest, most thoughtful little guys ever. he has always been that way!! such a sweet and caring boy. you know how much i love that kid!
There are so many frustrating moments in parenthood - moments of awful messes, blatant disobedience, bickering between siblings and temper tantrums...and that is why the good moments that we have with our kids are just so precious to us! I, too, (like all mothers, I'm sure) have had those moments when I look at each of my girls and am just filled with such love for them and wonder how I got so lucky. There is nothing like a mother's love for her children, and those little moments where we feel it make all the frustrating times well worth it...
Post a Comment