Friday, August 15, 2008

Our new home

The time came for us to move in. Mac drove down on Thursday the 31st and we could move in on the 1st of August. The moving truck showed up on Thursday so we were ready to move things in. I had attended our new ward the previous Sunday and I had talked to the elders quorum president about needing help moving in boxes and furniture. I wasn't sure what the outcome would be of people coming but I was anxious to see. Our old friend from Syracuse, John Allen showed up along with 10 others from our new ward. We couldn't believe it. We were amazed. It took them 45 minutes to unload everything. It was awesome.

My big kitchen!
The boys love this deck. Gavin will go out every day and play on it. I love having a fenced backyard because I can let Gavin go outside and not have to worry about him at all!
Not a big lawn in the back but the front yard makes up for it!

5 comments:

Britt said...

Congrats on making the big move and your fun new house!

Flansburgh Family said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are in your new house and the boys are doing well. Also, your new house is totally awesome!! I guess we'll just have to come down and visit sometime!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

HOLY CRAP!! Yeah, I just wrote that on your blog. Talk about movin' on up! Look at this house next to your old one - this place is fabulous! Just the way it looks in the front is impressive! The kitchen is great, and what an awesome deck - -perfect for family dinners and hosting BBQs!

And about your washer and dryer, as stinky as it is to have a problem right away, you have to admit that it's a great excuse to get brand new appliances, and what woman doesn't like that!

Michelle Tolboe said...

Thanks for the pics!!! The house is SOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE IT!

Terry Family said...

That house is absolutely AMAZING, Linda! All I can say is, LUCKY!! I've pretty much decided that we're never going to be able to afford a house. What I would give for a backyard and deck like that! I'm so glad that you guys were able to move in so easily with so much help from your new ward. Congratulations!