Thursday, July 3, 2008
Gavin's eating fiasco
Mac and I have really tried to get our kids to eat whatever is in front of them... aka whatever mom cooks. Since Gavin was a baby, he has been a really good eater. In fact, he loved yogurt as a baby. He didn't so much like the taste of broccoli, so I would hide the broccoli in his yogurt and he would eat it. You have my permission to try it...it works! I was very deceptive. So we have tried hard to not fix our kids anything else but what I make for dinner. If they don't want to eat, then they go to bed hungry, end of story. Tonight we had some chicken wings, celery sticks, and broccoli. He has in the past dipped his broccoli in ranch dressing, but for some reason didn't want to tonight. In fact, he looked at me with a gross face when I suggested it. He had no problem eating his celery, but when it came time to eating a funny looking chicken thing and his broccoli that we have turned into a tree and pretended that he is giant, he thought this was disgusting. Mac is a little more forceful than I am at making him sit there and eat. He made him eat all of his broccoli. He stuffs it in his mouth and makes him eat it. He does this so that Gavin will eat on his own and won't want Daddy to feed him. Gavin has this habit of holding things in his cheeks, sometimes not even chewing them. The food sits there for hours. Now that is disgusting! He sat at the table for an hour. Finally Mac gave him the choice of either eating the rest of his food or going to bed. (It was only 6:00pm.) Gavin said "to bed". Mac said ok and off he went to bed. That was that, end of discussion. I know that this will make Gavin eat his food...it has worked before. Some might think that we are being too hard on our almost 4 year old. No...we are preparing him for what he might have to eat in the mission field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment