
We have a couple of beaches here in NY that are so fun. This one is called Oneida shores. We have mothers' group on Thursdays and we decided we would hit the beach while it was still hot outside. We woke up that morning and it was a little hazy and a little cloud cover. I had talked to Gavin about going to the beach the day before and he was so looking forward to it. I talked it over with my friend and she said..."Let's just go!!!" It costs $4.50 per car and so you can see why I was contemplating going. They will not let anyone in the water if they see lightning. We didn't want to go and then have to come right back due to bad weather. When we got there, it cleared up and we could play. Josh loved the water. I took him in and he wanted to sit down right away. He splashed and giggled...it was pretty cute!

Of course Gavin had a blast. He, too, loves the water.

We went with friends, of course! This is Ty Flansburgh and Gavin. When Ty was little, we used to babysit him and Gavin and him became good friends. Of course, Gavin is one to put his arms around just about anyone to let them know they are loved. They had fun together.

Gavin and Maria were like two peas in a pod all day. They found this abandoned sand castle that some boys were working on earlier. So they decided to finish the work for them. At one time, we saw them walking on the beach together holding hands. In fact, yesterday Gavin was telling me that he wanted to marry Maria and then he could kiss her like mommy and daddy kiss. I was speechless. Should I be worried? He could turn out like I was...uh-oh.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing those pics. What cute kids! I like your new background, too!
Yeah, I'd have to say that you are in TROUBLE, girl! Kissing her like mommy and daddy kiss?! Uh-oh is right! Good luck with that kid -- he's totally going to be a ladies man, he definitely has the looks going for him. But how fun to go to the beach with friends -- I love summertime!
I have loved seeing Maria and Gavin play together - they are just such sweet and innocent friends (even if he does want to kiss her like Mac kisses you!) - she is really going to miss him!
Post a Comment