Wednesday, about 2:30, I noticed a little red spot on Josh's head near his shunt site (again!). I thought to myself, oh no...not again. As many of you know, this happened about 6 months ago...the same little red pimple-like mark on his scar. If any of you have waited in the ER and then stayed over night...It is terrible. I was just hoping that he wouldn't have to stay overnight again. Luckily, they sent us home with antibiotics just in case it was an infection. Since this happened once before, they didn't see any reason to do a whole work up (CT scan, blood work, etc.). They did say that they were hoping not to do a CT scan because if you have too many, it gets more dangerous the younger you are. I am glad that they didn't have to do one. Joshua was acting fine, no fever, no vomiting, no unusual changes in personality...he was acting himself. There was no reason to worry.
So, after being home for 2 days, things are looking up. The antibiotics seem to be working. We have to give it to him every 6 hours. That means, waking him up at 3 am to give him his dose...not what I want to do. Joshua has been sleeping through the night for a while now and I didn't want to interrupt his sleep. We gave him the medicine at 3 am, his eyes would still be closed, he would suck the medicine down, turn his head, and go right back to sleep. What a trooper! Now I don't complain about getting up at 3 am.
1 comment:
Scary...glad to hear he's doing better, though!
Post a Comment