
Now for most of you who know Gavin you are probably saying, "Wait! His birthday is in August." We know! Because we are leaving, we thought it would be fun to have all of his friends over for an unofficial birthday for Gavin. Even though he doesn't turn 4 until August, it was still fun. His friends include (left to right) Andrew (in front), Sarah, Maria, Gavin, David, Bryan, and Tyler.

They played with water balloons and tried throwing them from towel to towel. They found that just throwing them at each other was more fun!

More water balloons!

Gavin had a fire engine birthday party. We were going to make a fire engine cake...I mean stacked on top of each other with cookies for the wheels and m&m's for the controls and licorice for the hose and pretzels for the ladders. The icing was so thin because of the red food coloring so it wouldn't hold the cake together and the icing kept running down the sides of the cake. I am not an experienced cake decorator. So I threw it away and started over. This time, I went the easy way out. Gavin loved it.

If any of you are CARS (the movie) fanatics like Gavin, you will know that is Red, the fire engine on the movie. Gavin was so excited to see that!
No comments:
Post a Comment