Some of you may be wondering what happened with the jobs that Mac was applying for. Well, it is a funny story. Mac had applied to a company called MICECP. It has something to do with Army Military intelligence. He had interviews with them and they really liked him. They had our destination work place in Germany set and ready for us. About 2 weeks before we heard from them about the status of the job, a good friend of McKay's called him up. He said that his boss would like to meet McKay. Now, let me back up. About 9 months ago, McKay applied for a job with this company (Booz, Allen, Hamilton). We didn't hear anything so assumed it wasn't the right choice for us at that time. So, now the boss wants to meet Mac!!! He had the interview and it went well. Mac still had his eye on this job in Germany. Let me tell you that our home teacher was helping him get this job with army intelligence and he was following Mac's paperwork pretty closely. Our home teacher had told us that it was looking pretty positive. So, after this interview with Booz, he was glad it happened but was leaning towards the Germany job. I was looking at it from an outsiders point of view. Here is a job that looks pretty positive (army intelligence). One that Mac could see himself working at for quite a while... possibly making a career out of it. We get the ok that things are looking good and that the company likes him. Then, out of nowhere, Mac's friend calls. I am not going to lie... something went through my mind that said, "I don't think this Germany job is right for us!" I was scared to tell Mac because I know he had his heart set on it. I wasn't too keen on the Germany job because he would have to move to Arizona for 20 weeks while I packed up our house, rented it out, moved to Utah to be with family until the baby was born, and then right after the baby is born move to Germany. I was really not liking the situation. But I knew that if it was a job that would bring us happiness and it was the right thing to do, I would do it.
So, after feeling that feeling, I couldn't help think about the Lord being involved somehow! I waited it out, of course. 2 weeks after we heard from Mac's friend, Army intelligence called and said no! WHAT??? Mac was so sure he had this job. He was pretty bummed. Meanwhile, Mac's friend would give us updates on the Booz job. All this time, we were praying for direction. We were praying to know what to do. Was this the right thing to do? We got a peaceful feeling that everything was going to be ok.
A few weeks later, we heard from Booz and they gave him an offer. Phew! What a relief. 1 1/2 years without a job.... we made it.
When the Army intelligence job didn't work out, I started questioning the Lord. WHY don't we have a job yet? Are You Really listening to our prayers? This situation was really trying my faith. I spoke with the bishop and he let me borrow a book. It is called, Hearing the Voice of the Lord. There is a chapter entitled "Why isn't God answering me?" The author talks about Joseph Smith and his anguish and questions. One of them goes like this: "Oh, God, I have prayed and prayed for Thy help. Why is there no answer? Why do the heavens seem like they are sealed against me? What am I doing wrong that Thou are not responding? How long will this go on? Why is this happening to me?" I felt just like this a lot of the time. I felt like the heavens were sealed and that my prayers weren't getting past the ceiling.
It is amazing how after a trial, you look back and realize that you WERE taken care of. Mac had a full time job working from home doing research on the computer. I had a part time job while the kids were in school and I could do more work outside the home because Mac was home. We payed our tithing every paycheck and always had money left over. When we moved to Virginia and Mac was working at the Law firm in DC, we put 1/2 of the money we made a month into savings. We didn't know why we had felt the spirit tell us to do that. We know now!
I have since quit my job and am now a stay at home mom. I am loving it again. I have more love and appreciation for my children. I am so glad to be able to be with them all summer, all day. I have a lot of appreciation for my husband. He is a man of faith and I am so proud of him for listening to the spirit when it told us to put extra money in savings. I am so honored to have him as the patriarch of our home.
After the job offer, Mac flew to Utah to celebrate his parents 40th wedding anniversary. They wanted all to their kids together for it. He also told them the good news. It was an awesome expericence for McKay and I know his parents were happy to have all their kids together for a week.
Mac starts his new job on Tuesday, June 5th. He is so excited and so are we. Life can be normal again.... until the next trial comes around.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the job! Just in time for that beautiful baby to come.
I know this was posted back in July but congrats Mac! I loved your cander Linda, the strength you demonstrate by sharing your thoughts and frustrations are an example of enduring. Drop us a line when you have the baby!
Post a Comment