Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Years

As a lot of you know, we had a huge snow storm (20+ inches of snow). It prevented us from going to see the temple lights before the new year. Because of the this, people at the temple extended the time that the temple lights would be up. We decided to go after the new year when the snow had melted. It sure was cold but fun.








For family home evening the next week, we built a fire and roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. You don't need a camp fire to do this. I love building fires in the winter. That is probably the only thing I like about winter.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

LOVE the pictures. It really is the most beautiful temple out there.

thatmormonlady said...

Josh is doing so great! We went to temple square while we were in Utah before Christmas. It was beautiful but FREEZING!!

Terry Family said...

The temple looks beautiful! I'm glad that you guys were able to go and see the beautiful lights to make your holiday season complete! I LOVE building a fire in the winter time -- here in Washington state, almost every single apartment and house has a fireplace. I love it!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Haha - and you thought you escaped the snow by moving to Virginia! :) I love the picture with you and Gavin (the second to last one) - you are looking so gorgeous!!