My family is the best! I was able to sleep in on Sunday morning until 9:30 am. I was woken up to Gavin yelling, "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, MOM!" I didn't have my contacts in or glasses on so looking to see what my family had made me for breakfast was a bit of a challenge. As it came closer to me, I saw that my husband has made me an omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder, salt and pepper; two pieces of toast and orange juice. It was so good. Gavin even jumped up on the bed with me and helped me eat it. Gavin kept asking for more and more of my omelet. When he likes something, he usually gives me a thumbs up sign. He was in heaven eating this omelet. It is funny because he HATES eggs. When we told him it was eggs, he said, "What? Eggs? Oh!" He didn't seem to mind. Maybe from now on I need to make him an omelet to get him to eat eggs!
Mac did everything for me yesterday. He even catheterized Josh all day so I could relax. He got the boys ready for church. He made dinner and made brownies for dessert. He even rubbed my feet. If anyone knows me, you know how much I love to be rubbed. I was in heaven yesterday.
Gavin gave me kisses all day, wishing me a Happy Mothers day. He would tell me how wonderful I was all day. Church was great because he sang to me and sat on my lap and loved me.
Josh was so cute. A girl in our ward who was home from college was asked to sing in Sacrament meeting. She was singing about mothers. Her mom was sitting in the pew in from of us. Towards the end of the song, the girl started crying. Josh loves music, therefore, never moved during the song. The song ended and she came down from the podium and sat down next to her mom. They embraced. Josh squirmed a little bit to get out of my arms. He leaned forward, placed his arms around the girl and her mom in the pew ahead of us, laid his head on the arm of the girl, and started patting their backs. He sat there for about 3 minutes. He did this twice while in Sacrament meeting. That really shows what kind of a child Josh is!
I had a great mothers day. I am so proud to me a mom!
2 comments:
Wow,what an awesome day! You deserve it! I'm glad "your boys" made it special for you.
That sounds like an amazing day. Mac really pampered you with breakfast, dinner, dessert, and getting the kids ready for church -- not a small feat, by any means. Good for you. Your little Joshua is such a sweet, sensitive boy. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day.
Post a Comment