I learned my lesson here. NEVER keep anything dangerous in plain sight. To children if it is out of sight, it is out of mind. We are grateful that nothing happened to his leg. SO scary!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
One lesson learned for all of us!
Gavin had a little accident the other day. It was a Saturday and Mac and I like to sleep in. We let Gavin go downstairs and watch TV and then he comes up and lays with us for a while and we talk. On this particular Saturday, Gavin came up and said that his leg hurt. We didn't think much of it because he has been complaining of growing pains so we thought he was doing that again. He was persistant about this and kept telling us it hurt. I looked at it and he had a big red spot on his lower leg. I asked him what he did to cause this. He explained to me something that was downstairs but I couldn't think of anything I keep downstairs, especially anything that could harm him. He kept telling me it was the spray bottle. I keep a spray bottle with just water in it in the boys bathroom for their hair. I knew it couldn't be that. I asked him to go get the "spray bottle" for me. He went downstairs and he brought up the can of Dust Remover.... the air mist that you clean your keyboard and computer with. We had put that way up high on a shelf and didn't think he could get to it. He obviously got up there and sprayed some of it on his leg. On the back of the bottle, as a caution they tell you to not spray directly on the skin as this could cause frostbite. I was alarmed. Thank goodness the back of the bottle told us what to do if it was applied directly to the skin. I put him in lukewarm water and let him soak. I couldn't even touch the skin because when I tried, he would start yelling and saying it really hurt.
I learned my lesson here. NEVER keep anything dangerous in plain sight. To children if it is out of sight, it is out of mind. We are grateful that nothing happened to his leg. SO scary!

I learned my lesson here. NEVER keep anything dangerous in plain sight. To children if it is out of sight, it is out of mind. We are grateful that nothing happened to his leg. SO scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those things can be so scary. My mom scrubbed my little sisters face with a magic eraser once and she had 2nd degree burns all over. She had no idea and was completely sick when it happened. I am glad that he is okay! Oh and HURRAY for JOSH that is sooo great!!
oh my goodness!! im so glad everything turned out okay!! that is so scary!!! today tyler and i were getting ready for church and joseph and river ended up with a bunch of fruit snack packages asking us to open them. the fruit snacks are at the very top of our very tall pantry. they climbed the shelves. scary stuff! and yay for josh, that is awesome!
Ouch!!! I would never have thought Dust Remover would do something like that. I'm glad he's okay!!!
Oooo, sounds painful. He sounds just like my kids -- getting into everything. I'm glad things turned out o.k., though.
Post a Comment